About Nancy

January 1, 2009


There have been many changes in wedding design since I first became fascinated with the magical world of all things bridal. When I first dreamed of a career in the wedding business, there were no titles to encompass what today's wedding floral and event designers do. I
n the late 80's and early 90's when I first became fascinated with the art of wedding creation, I thought I should call myself a wedding planner. As the years continued I became drawn to the beauty and the "decor" aspect of a wedding. Since there were no wedding decorator programs in existence, I decided that the best route to go was floral design. Boy, that was the best decision I ever made.
From the first moment I seriously devoted myself to working with flowers, I was awed by how flowers could be transformed into a thing of pure beauty and art.

A few weeks after being exposed to wedding floral design, I enrolled in one of the nation's most respected floristry program. The process of floral design continues to fascinate me as it evolves. Whether you are doing a hand tied bouquet, a massive floral installation, a complex pave piece, or an Ikebana inspired arrangement, the creative possibilities are truly limited only by one's skills, willingness to learn, and commitment.

Each week as I create a new wedding, I continue to feel an excitement that is partly a mixture of anxiousness for the unknown, anticipation of the creative process, and awareness that with each new project there are new challenges. To be a wedding floral designer today is to be ready for the unexpected.

I look forward to sharing my love for the art of wedding floral design and the experience that I've gained through over 300 weddings with you through the Wedding Floral Academy.
Best,
Nancy Liu Chin
Photo Credit: Kevin Chin